- What happens in labour and how it progresses.
- What concerns do you have about labour and how our bodies support the process
- Birth Partner tips such as how to support and how to get a good indication of where she is in labour without relying on cervical dilation
- Hormones of labour
- Initial baby-care following the birth
- New-born appearance and what to expect in the first few weeks
- Crying solutions
- Sleep solutions
- Safe Sleep Advice
- Baby development, attachment and bonding
- How to ask questions and the importance of making decisions relating to your birth
- Induction – What is it? What can you do if your birth is induced?
- The biggest tool in the box – breathing exercises
- Pain management options
- Breastfeeding – How to get things off to the best start led by Wendy Lever, IBCLC.
- How to know feeding is going well.
- Formula & making up a feed safely.
- What’s in a nappy
- Practical Nappy Changing
- Relaxation techniques
- Contraction patterns and long early stages of labour – what can you do to support yourself/ your partner?
- Caesarean Births
- Birth environment and its importance
- Birth preferences.
- Car Seat Safety
- New-born bathing & dressing
- Massage for labour
- Anxieties about becoming parents & relationship changes
- Post natal care/support
- The role of a dad
- How to be a supportive Birth Partner
Antenatal Classes are currently taking place in Pinner and Stanmore
If you are a first time expectant parent and would like to join our 7 week course then please fill out a form and we will get back to you regarding price and availability.
Price: £315 per couple