my little Bubba may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. By continuing to use this website, you agree to any such changes. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.
If you have any questions about the policy, then do get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information, depending on whether you are registering with us or you are just browsing:
- First name and surname;
- Email address;
- Postal address and billing address;
- Date of birth;
- Telephone number;
- Payment details: if you order products from our website, your payment details will be processed by our payment processors RealEx or Paypal. my little Bubba does not store any of your payment details – we are given a transaction ID by our payment processor;
- Traffic details: details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, a list of the webpages you visit on our website, how long you spend on each web page, what items you place in your shopping basket (even if you do not purchase them), how you accessed our website, on which device you are accessing our website, traffic data, location data, IP address and other communication data;
- Login details: details of when you create an account on our website, when you login to your account, when you change the password to your account (but for the avoidance of doubt, we cannot access your password) and when you register to our newsletter;
- Correspondence details: details of your interactions with us by email and on social media, including your social media username, your queries and complaints;
What information do we collect if you are a parent tester
- If you are a parent tester, we collect information about you as per the form that you fill in and sign, including your first and last name, the name of your child, the age group of your child, the year and month your child was born, your address and postcode and your email address and any photos that you send us of you or your child using the product.
- We use this information for our own internal records, and to enhance the service that we offer through the website and our communications to you (including periodically sending you emails about new products suited for your child). We also may use the name of your child and your first name only in the review that we post up on our website (provided that you have consented to us doing so and provided that you have used the name of your child in the feedback on the product that you have given). The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
When do we collect information from you?
We collect information when you visit our website, use your account, make an online purchase, check out as a guest, when you put in your email address on the “spin the wheel” game when you visit our website, when you engage with us on social media, when you attend a consultation with us, when you become a parent tester, when you contact us and when you enter into prize draws or competitions.
The legal bases for collecting information
The law on data protection sets out a range of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Consent: if you give your consent;
- Contract: in certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations (e.g. our obligation to deliver the product you have purchased);
- Legal compliance: if we are required to collect such data by law or regulation; and
- Legitimate interest: in certain circumstances, where your data is required to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
How do we use this information?
Collecting this information helps us understand what you are looking for and helps us to provide you with a better service. We can then use this information to offer you promotions, products and services which are likely to interest you. In particular, we may use the information for the following reasons:
- Order processing: when you purchase a product from us, you become a customer of ours, so we retain personal information on you whilst you remain an active customer of ours, including so that we can deliver your goods to you. In all cases of order processing, our legal basis for processing is contract.
- Product offers: from time to time we will send you discounted product offers via email. These offers are based on our knowledge of the products you have ordered or enquired about and your visits to our website, if you have visited it. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
- Marketing: if you have consented for us to do so, we may contact you via email or telephone for marketing purposes, and we may send you email newsletters with information about special offers, blogposts, and new products.
- Site optimisation: the device-level information we automatically gather about you allows us to optimise the speed and performance of the website for you. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest.
- Anonymous web analytics: we aggregate and anonymise all your activity on our website for traffic analysis, to help measure and improve the website performance. We also use this anonymised data to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and to determine the level of interest in different pages on our website. Your personal data is anonymised in this process, so there is no requirement under GDPR for a legal basis for processing.
- Social media advertising: we may target you with advertising or marketing on social media based on your website activity on our website, including the items you have put into your basket and not checked out, or the items you have showed an interest in. The legal basis for processing is legitimate interest. Note that there is a facility for you to stop us doing this – see youronlinechoices.com.
- Internal records: we will keep your information for our own internal records.
Who do we share your information with?
We don’t sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law or regulation or have your consent to do so.
However, we sometimes share your personal information with trusted providers of services on our website, being:
- Realex, for processing of your payment details;
- Paypal, for processing of your payment details;
- Operational companies such as courier companies for delivering your goods;
- The IT company we use to support our website;
- Google/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter to show you products which might interest you while you are browsing the internet;
- Mailchimp for storing email addresses for marketing emails;
- “VYPER” (DBA R Growth LLC) if you sign up with an email address on the “spin the wheel” game on our website;
- Third party suppliers of certain products who will be delivering the goods directly from their warehouse to you.
However, we only provide the information they need to perform their specific services.
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of sale of our company to a third party.
Controlling your data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- Clicking “unsubscribe” on any email communication that we send you;
- Changing your preferences by logging into your account on the website; or
- Writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
Depending on your individual settings, many web browsers automatically accept some cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
If you are a new customer, we will only contact you where you have provided consent for us to do so.
Requesting the information we hold about you
You have the right to request details of the personal data which we hold about you under the relevant Data Protection legislation. We will provide a copy of the personal information we hold free of charge.
If you believe that any information being held by us is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any such information.
You may request us to remove all incorrect information we hold on you.
If you would like to do any of the above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long do we keep your personal information
Whenever we collect or process your personal information, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
How do we keep your information secure?
All personal information is moved to and from our website via an HTTPS connection, which means that the transfer of data is also encrypted. Our website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts your personal data.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and the transmission of such data to our website is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Adverts and sponsored links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, who may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
What are your rights over your personal information?
This privacy statement reflects the rights that you have under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights regarding your personal data are as follows – the right to:
- access a copy of your personal information that we hold;
- object to our processing of your personal data, if doing so causes you distress;
- prevent or withdraw your consent for us processing your data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to decisions being taken using automated means that includes your personal data;
- correct your personal data if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, or destroy such incorrect, out of date or incomplete personal data;
- have your data erased from our IT infrastructure;
- data portability;
- be informed about the collection and use of your data.
You can find out more about your rights regarding your personal data in the UK from the Office of the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another. These cookies can last for just the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or they can remain on your computer for longer so that the site will remember you if you come back again (“persistent cookies”).
If you would like some more information about cookies and you can manage them, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
All information gathered by cookies on mylittlebubba.co.uk is completely anonymous, and we can’t use it to identify you personally. We also use some third party cookies (Google) to help us improve the site, for example by identifying errors or helping us analyse behaviour (anonymously) to make the site easier to use.
The final type of cookie that we use are targeting cookies which allow carefully selected third parties to know that you have visited www.mylittlebubba.co.uk and make advertising elsewhere on the web more relevant to you and your interests.
All our cookies fall into four main categories as defined by the International Chamber of Commerce, which are:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for my little Bubba to ensure that the site works correctly and don’t gather any information that could be used for marketing purposes, for example they allow access to secure areas such as my account.
- Analytical/Performance cookies: Performance cookies help us understand how people use our site (anonymously) and identifying errors. These help us to improve the site.
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies are essential for the smooth running of the site, for example remembering your country; and
- Targeting cookies: These cookies are used by carefully selected third parties to recognise that you have visited my little Bubba and help tailor advertising to your interests. All this information is completely anonymous and we do not share any personal information.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Last updated May 2018